The Georgia First Amendment Foundation’s 2017 Legislative Breakfast on Jan. 26 at CNN drew a crowd of attendees interested in open government issues in Georgia. A panel of public officials, media representatives and First Amendment lawyers dove into hot topics, among them access to police body camera videos, judicial oversight, drones and privacy and citizens’ rights to public records.
Check out video clips from the event:
- VIDEO: State Rep. Wendell Willard details legislative efforts to recreate the state Judicial Qualifications Commission.
- VIDEO: Cobb County Commissioner Lisa Cupid discusses public access to police body camera footage and how the issue is playing out for local governments.
- VIDEO: CNN’s Drew Shenkman explores how Georgia laws affect access to police body camera videos.
- VIDEO: CNN’s Emily Avant explains how the news network is working with regulators to balance access to drone-collected video with privacy concerns.
- VIDEO: First Amendment attorney Tom Clyde describes the problems with open records exemptions for college sports organizations in Georgia.