Judges, journalists and lawyers to weigh in on emerging First Amendment issues in Georgia and beyond.
The Georgia Bar Media & Judiciary Conference on Feb. 24 in downtown Atlanta will offer attendees a view into how First Amendment issues are playing out across our state and nation. On the agenda:
- A conversation with state Attorney General Chris Carr about open government enforcement in Georgia
- What the public needs to know about disciplinary systems for doctors
- Challenges and opportunities of a new Georgia Judicial Qualifications Commission
Public discourse in post-election America (keynote speech from CNN’s Brian Stelter)
- Medical, legal, privacy and journalistic issues in a public health crisis
- Georgia political roundup
- Atlanta mayoral candidates forum
When: Feb. 24, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Where: State Bar of Georgia Headquarters, 104 Marietta St. NW, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30303
Early-registration fees: $155 for lawyers (includes CLE credits); $25 for journalists and students