Join us for the Georgia First Amendment Foundation’s annual Legislative Breakfast, where public officials, newsmakers and members of the media will join in a discussion of open government issues emerging in the 2018 session.
2018 GFAF Legislative Breakfast
Co-sponsored by the GSU Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild
7:30-9 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 1
Georgia State University College of Law • Knowles Conference Center
85 Park Place NE • Atlanta, GA 30303
- State Rep. Wendell Willard, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee
- Cobb County Commissioner Lisa Cupid
- CNN Executive Editor Samira Jafari
- First Amendment Attorney Tom Clyde of Kilpatrick Townsend
- First Amendment Attorney Peter Canfield of Jones Day (moderator)
Among topics for discussion: courtroom recordings, police body camera videos, electronic court filings, judicial watchdog transparency and more.
The GSU College of Law is at the corner of John Wesley Dobbs Avenue and Park Place in downtown Atlanta. Visitor parking is available for $7 in Deck M (entrance on Auditorium Place). Also just a block from Marta’s Peachtree Center Station. Detailed directions can be found at http://knowlescenter.law.gsu.edu/contact-us/